How do I take action?
- When communicating with your elected officials make sure to state your name, address, and if you are communicating on a specific piece of legislation,
- Include the name and number of the legislation. (For example, SB 1462, Residential Properties, by Senator Stargel)
- In any written communication, please include the appropriate title of the elected official you are writing to. If you are uncertain of their title, the Honorable….is an appropriate substitute.
- If you are writing on behalf of your community include your association’s name and the number of residents.
- If you are communicating through email, include the bill number and name in the subject line.
- Keep your communication to the point and ALWAYS be respectful.
- Check out our Florida’s Political Process Guidebook for more helpful information.
For more information please contact CAN’s Governmental Affairs Liaison, Dara Lahav, at 1-855-CAN-TIPS (226-8477) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.